Friday, August 26, 2016

#Uninspired

Mixed verse.

Staring at your laptop,
Chewing your fingernails,
Wondering why your ideas now fail,
Waiting for creativity to magically crop;

You remember the times,
When words wove into,
Meaningful, deep quotes,
And soulful, dreamy rhymes;
                                                                    
You remember the endless praises,
That were bestowed,
You remember how,
You used to feel so superior, so hallowed;

And now, as you stare,
At the empty word document,
You can’t help but feel,
Blankness mingled with resentment;

You look around a bit,
To find something,
That’s so thought-provoking,
Something that you deem as fit;

You go through your Facebook Newsfeed,
A bit desperate, a bit frantic,
‘Cause Facebook’s a place,
Overflowing with people’s crazy antics;

You are tempted to throw,
A nasty shade, masked by lyrical words,
Just so some idiots get sense,
Into their overly inflated heads;

But then you stop,
Let out a deep sigh,
Shake your head in defeat,
Because no matter how much you yell,
No matter how much you beat,
Those morons aren’t going to change anyway;

You think about,
Writing a motivational pep-talk,
Intertwined with your own exaggerated lore,
But haven't you done that before?

Finally, a Eureka moment strikes, 
You sit up straight, 
And start to furiously write,
About the writer's block that you're trying so hard to fight; 

Hey there, dear reader!

I'm really sorry about the long gap! 

The truth is, I really haven't been getting time to write. Even when I do sit down and try to write, I feel completely blank. 

And I think it happens to all of us - you have all the material ready, but you JUST. CANNOT. DO. IT. 

So today, after two failed attempts at two different blog posts, I decided to write about the thing that was plaguing me: this irritating block. 

So finally, that's done! And here I am, feeling relieved that I could finally write something

I really hope you like it. If you did or if you didn't, please let me know. 

Stay awesome as ever, 

Much love, 

Archie <3 




6 comments:

  1. Hey Archie!
    I understand this so well, I could relate to it. Thank you so much for writing this, it makes me feel better that I'm not alone.
    Also,the irony of writing about writing blocks.xD

    A small tip that I read about writing blocks a long time ago was, not to force yourself to write. Let the words come to you. Sometimes our writing block stems from our own expectations about our writing.

    Love,
    Saee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Saee!

      I'm really glad you can relate to this! :)

      I loved your tip! I can actually use it! :P

      Stay awesome as ever,

      Much love,

      Archie <3

      Delete
  2. Hello Archie,
    This is just a phase. I feel that keeping a blog active and going is a monumental task in itself. It requires more than just the idea and the material(You are in a better position to answer that).

    The way I see it, you are your own inspiration,and even inspirations need respite to rebuild again.

    Keep rocking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey HK!
      It's been a long time! :)
      Thanks for your kind words! :D
      Stay awesome as ever,
      Much love,
      Archie <3

      Delete
  3. This is literally amazing! I'm sure any blogger can feel that writers block pain but you are a fabulous writer so you'll come through the other end. And as for this post, it's great to write about why you can't write. Stay awesome 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, the Artsy One! :)
      Thanks for your lovely words! :D
      Will check out your blog soon! :)
      Stay awesome as ever,
      Much love,
      Archie <3

      Delete

Hey guys! :)
Now that you have taken the efforts to go through my neurotic rambling, why don't you post your views? :)